Did you know that not having an bridal and engagement photography session can have an impact on the outcome of your wedding photographs? Finding the perfect wedding photographer is obviously important to every couple getting married. However, aside from having additional memories to cherish, the majority of couples are not aware of the significance of having engagement and bridal photographs.
A bridal session is a portrait session of a bride or couple in their bridal attire on a day before or other than their wedding day. These types of sessions take place before the wedding and help you practice hair and make up (see if these are really the colors you want for your actual wedding day, do you want curls, hair up or down?), relieve the stress of the wedding day to get more shots allowing you more free time on the wedding day (though formal shots and many shots will be taken on your wedding day, it’s still a lot less to worry about for you and for me), get used to wearing the wedding attire, learn how to bustle that fancy train and play dress up!
For all you lovely couples, here are 9 powerful reasons why you need to plan your engagement and bridal photographs today!
1. You will be definitely more comfortable being in front of the camera and you get to know your photographer before the day of the wedding. If you are not relaxed, the stress will show in your final pictures. Your wedding day is not the right day to be uncomfortable in front of the camera or with your photographer. More you do it more you get to use to it. Experience always helps reduce stress.
2. You and your future spouse will have experience posing as your photographer tells you. Each photographer has their own way of guiding their subjects. Once again, experience will improve your communication with your photographer. So this guiding will help you learn how to act like a professional model.
3. You will have practice with hair and makeup styles. It is a perfect way to decide how you want to look at your wedding day. Please don’t wait until your wedding day to decide you don’t like the way your hair and makeup looks.
4. You will discover if your dress needs some changes. This opportunity to wear your dress will definitely make you aware of any problems with it, well before your wedding.
5. You will see how your pictures look before your wedding. This will give you time to tell your photographer what you like or even dislike about the work. Experienced wedding photographers can make adjustments. It is unneeded to find out that you don’t like the photographer’s style after your wedding.
6. Your photographer will have more experience capturing you and your fiancé. Everyone has different angles when they look their best. Your wedding photographer will have more opportunities of posing you or positioning themselves to capture you at this angle.
7. Emotions will be present on your wedding day and tears of happiness will not be probably missing as well. Engagement and bridal sessions usually don’t have all this emotion. So you will look your absolute best.
8. An engagement photography session will be great to use for your wedding invitations. So your family and friends will see you in the best possible light.
9. You can ask your engagement and bridal photographs for display at your wedding reception. People love pictures of loved ones and friends. So if you will have professional photographs at your reception it has a magical touch to it.
Experience is important for the outcome of your wedding day photographs. As with anything important in your life, wouldn’t you want to prepare yourself for success? And in this case, it is about preparing yourself to look your best at your wedding. Take action and schedule your engagement and bridal photography session today!
If you plan your wedding or engagement soon, visit our Wedding Meets Fashion web page and contact us.
All our 13 most important Q&A for hiring us as a wedding photographer you can find here.